[mythtv] [ENHANCEMENT REQUEST] Mark watched videos

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:58:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> On 05/10/2008 02:43 AM, Christian Fredriksson wrote:
> > I've put together a patch against 0.21-fixes
> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5338
> > It's a first step that implements a watched flag in the database and a
> > "Toggle watched" item under the info button in the diffrent views and in
> > the video manager. The filter function is updated with this new flag so
> > you can filter and only present what is not watched.
> >
> > The next step would be make the watched flag toggle as on tv-recordings
> > and make the flag somehow change the color of a not watched movie.
> >
> > Tha patch is against 0.21-fixes since I need to hold a high WAF and I
> > only have one mythbox. I will try to get a vmware install where I can
> > run SVN, and make it against SVN also.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to use a numplays field, as in MythMusic?  I
> can understand the reasoning behind a boolean in MythTV--generally TV is
> recorded, watched, then deleted or autoexpired.  However, in MythMusic
> and MythVideo, people generally keep archived videos they want to keep
> "forever."  Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that people will watch
> the shows more than once.

If you look at the info on a video and it says you've seen it 5 times does
that mean you watched it last week or not? I decided to keep a last played
date (which is MythMusic also does) because with a date you don't have to
remember how many times you've seen a video in the past or compare with
other videos, you can just instantly tell if it's the one you want.

My code is rather rough though and it's against 0.21 fixes. It'll take me a
while to get a dev system setup and the code cleaned up for a patch.

Cheers,
Steve