[mythtv] Rebuilding MythWeather tables (was Re: Inquiry for user base data in order to try and develop and seup a new MythWeather viewer)

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:57:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl> wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Can someone post the table structure of the weather related tables
>> please? I think there are 3 tables.
>>
>> The structure reported by describe table, or (better) by mysqldump would
>> be great (and mysqldump would include an setup settings.
>
> There is a far more easy way. Log in to MySQL and issue the following
> command:
>
>   DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='WeatherDBSchemaVer';
>
> Now restart mythtv-backend, it should regenerate the tables AFAIK.

MythWeather is a frontend plugin, so I think the tables are generated
by the frontend itself.  As for the table structure, you can always
look at the code:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythweather/mythweather/dbcheck.cpp#L80

I'm not sure which version of MythWeather you're using, but the link
above points to the 'CREATE TABLE' syntax for SVN trunk.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com