[mythtv] [ENHANCEMENT REQUEST] Mark watched videos

Christian Fredriksson ille at ludd.ltu.se
Sat May 10 06:43:48 UTC 2008

Youri Matthys wrote:

> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com
> <mailto:stevehodge at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I've had the same problem. So I hacked up some code to remember
>     the last time each video was played so that you can easily see
>     when you last watched each video. If that would work for you I'll
>     look at cleaning up the code and submitting a patch.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Steve
>

> Steve,
>
> I would really like for you to submit this patch! I am no programmer,
> but you should let me know if there is anything I could do to help you!
>
> Regards, Youri

Hi,

I've put together a patch against 0.21-fixes
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5338
It's a first step that implements a watched flag in the database and a
"Toggle watched" item under the info button in the diffrent views and in
the video manager. The filter function is updated with this new flag so
you can filter and only present what is not watched.

The next step would be make the watched flag toggle as on tv-recordings
and make the flag somehow change the color of a not watched movie.

Tha patch is against 0.21-fixes since I need to hold a high WAF and I
only have one mythbox. I will try to get a vmware install where I can
run SVN, and make it against SVN also.

Best Regards
Christian