[mythtv] Inquiry for user base data in order to try and develop and seup a new MythWeather viewer

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu May 8 22:15:09 UTC 2008

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thursday 08 May 2008 15:09:06 Johan wrote:
>> Stuart,
>>
>> with all respect, but think you're missing the point. BBC weather is
>> fine if your residence is in the UK, I'm sure. But as the OP said, we do
>> not all live in UK, US or Australia. Accuweather provides global data,
>> including many countries "on the continent". I (personally) would really
>> appreciate a grabber for Accuweather. This service would benefit users
>> globally.
>
> I was responding to Ian Barton who was talking about the UK.
>
> We also have two other grabbers in the official distribution, one for the US
> Weather Service (NOAA) and one for the Canadian Weather Service (ENVCan) - so
> US and Canadian users aren't without data in 0.21. The BBC grabber also
> covers several thousand towns and cities around the world (all continents),
> does it not cover where you live?
>
> We welcome legal grabbers for other countries, it was designed to support
> multiple plugin scripts to extend coverage to other countries. It would be
> wrong to say that MythWeather only covers the UK.
I don't like to thread-steal but this is an appropriate thread.

I tried to add mythweather recently (SVN 17267) but the tables do not
get built. Setup does nothing. The log says
'mythconverg.weathersomething' does not exist.

Can someone post the table structure of the weather related tables
please? I think there are 3 tables.

The structure reported by describe table, or (better) by mysqldump would
be great (and mysqldump would include an setup settings.

TIA

Geoff