[mythtv] Inquiry for user base data in order to try and develop and seup a new MythWeather viewer

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:00:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl> wrote:
> Is there no track record of download or number of installations just to
> get a general idea?

Even if we had stats for the official mythtv website, you're
forgetting a large number of users only use packages from their
official distro, which we can not track. Any number we come up with is
at best a guess and at worse pulled out of our collective asses.

Also, I doubt you'd be able to add in the 'branding' AccuWeather
wants, as if anyone wants, they can just remove that branding, and
nothing's stopping distro maintainers from doing that before it ever
reaches the end user.