[mythtv] Re : EIT fixup help please

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Mon May 5 21:28:30 UTC 2008

On 04/25/2008 07:07:50 AM, Janne Grunau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 20 April 2008 19:00:37 manu wrote:
> >
> > I would like to improve the eit in 2 ways: first all accents
> (French)
> > are not correctly displayed, and I would like to do something about
> > it. I guess I need to hack something up in eitfixup but it is not
> > clear how yet, any pointer would be more than welcome.
>
> That's probably a missing encoding in the eit. look at the bottom of
> libmythtv/eithelper.cpp. We can override the encoding with setting
> the
>
> eitfixup to kForceIso8859_15. The keys of the eitfixup map are
> transport id << 32 | original network id << 16 | serviceid
>
> If the service id is 0 the all channels on the transport will match.
> if
> transport and serviceid are 0, all channels with the origianl network
> id wil match.
>
> > Moreover I am in the process of decoding the proprietary epg of
> > canalsat caraibes (French people with canalsat subscription who
> might
> > want to try it can contact me). It provides a 7-10 days epg and I
> > would like to make the backend aware of it but it is not just a
> fixuo
> > here, so if someone canpoint me to some docs on how to try to do
> it,
> > that would be great.
>
> How different are this epg data from standard EIT? Is there a way to
> detect if the data is broadcasted (maybe a descriptor in PMT). I fear
> there is no manuel and why have to look at the code and try to
> implement the epg gathering and parsing along the EIT and ATSC epg
> bits.
>
> The the data structures for the table and descriptors should be in a
> new
> file in libmythtv/mpeg/, you will need to add listining and detection
> of the eit to libmythtv/mpeg/mpeg|dvbstreamdata.cpp depending on used
> SI standard of those channels. You probably have to add another
> callback for the mpeglisteners.
> In libmythtv/eithelper.cpp should the transmitted data be parsed into
> the eit.cpp object which is the proxy for the database.
>
> HTH, if you have more questions, feel free to ask

OK just a few dumb questions: the proprietary eit is on one transponder
on a special pid. There are several tables: the titles are split on a
given table on several sections, same for the summaries, plus another
table giving a way to map each channel to a "channel id".
As I understand things now I need to setup a descriptor for each of
these things, and then parse it somewhere else (I am not there yet ;-)
But a descriptor is supposed to be base on one section only or can it
be filled with the several sections to get all the titles for example?
Also the fact that the eit is on a particular transponder/pid probably
prevents passive scanning (unless the TV channel being watched).
Any help is appreciated ;-)
Also the attached patch forces iso8859-15 for the channels here
(CanalSat Caraibes). It is untested for now as I have a compile
problem, but I guess that is is not controversial.
Bye
Manu