[mythtv] AC3 passthrough and timestretch problems

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:15:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Mark Spieth <mark at digivation.com.au> wrote:
> >Okay.  I wonder why your patch triggers the problem?
>  >
>  >I have reverted the AudioOutputBase::SetStretchFactorLocked patch on
>  >my system because I would rather have to adjust the stretch factor
>  >then have it segfault.  I will try your latest patch when it becomes
>  >available on the ticket.
>
>  I have tested this with AC3 5.1 video and passthru/spdif enabled with
>  default 1.3 (I cant hear it but its still working passthru/dig out)
>  it creates the reencoder and there is no segfault. everything worked as
>  expected.
>  I do have some patches installed from a prior ticket mythtv_ac3.54.patch in
>  #4764 but they shouldnt affect this problem.
>
>  may I suggest a clean build.

Yeah, I did a clean build.  First thing I did after the segfaults
started.  I am running:

Repository Root: http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn
Repository UUID: 7dbf422c-18fa-0310-86e9-fd20926502f2
Revision: 17246
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: nigel
Last Changed Rev: 17190
Last Changed Date: 2008-04-30 20:46:00 -0600 (Wed, 30 Apr 2008)

I do have a couple of my own patches I run with.  I have not changed
them in a very long time.  I will try removing them just in case they
have a bad interaction with your patch.  I don't see how they could
though.

You said it looked like an OSD problem?  I could try running a
different theme....

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.