[mythtv] AC3 passthrough and timestretch problems

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Sat May 3 07:50:39 UTC 2008

>Okay.  I wonder why your patch triggers the problem?
>
>I have reverted the AudioOutputBase::SetStretchFactorLocked patch on
>my system because I would rather have to adjust the stretch factor
>then have it segfault.  I will try your latest patch when it becomes
>available on the ticket.

I have tested this with AC3 5.1 video and passthru/spdif enabled with
default 1.3 (I cant hear it but its still working passthru/dig out)
it creates the reencoder and there is no segfault. everything worked as
expected.
I do have some patches installed from a prior ticket mythtv_ac3.54.patch in
#4764 but they shouldnt affect this problem.

may I suggest a clean build.

mark