[mythtv] Win32-packager.pl error--problem with path?

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:41:28 UTC 2008

> This problem comes about from user-error during the post-install component
> of MSYS, which ask you to type in the path to your MinGW install.    It
> gives a sample path containing forward-slashes, and you've entered your
> mingw path with backslashes.
>
> Maybe the packager should test for this?   it would be easy-enough.
>
> Buzz—Did you see Andrei's answer?
>
> I don't think I had the slashes backwards—at least they weren't backwards
> in the fstab file.
>
> The cause of this problem was that the first slash was missing in the
> mingw path, i.e. fstab read c:Mingw /mingw and it should be c:/Mingw /mingw.
> I haven't had a chance to retest the MinGW install, but making the
> correction worked for me (as it did for Andrei).
>
> Jon

Jon, Yes I did see Andre's answer, and my response still stands true.
It's not because there EXISTS a backslash in the fstab file (there isn't),
it's because you TYPED a backslash during the MSYS post-install, which
causes the exact symptoms you describe ... the backslash never makes it into
the fstab file as its removed (and not replaced with a forwardslash), so you
see a fstab with a missing slash as the symptoms.

Buzz.