[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Mar 28 20:05:19 UTC 2008

> I have scanning, browsing and playback working with storage groups.
> There's still some backfill to get some of the setup bits converted
> and whatever else I may have missed but it's largely there. Originally
> I figured I'd post a patch towards the end of this month but with the
> QT4 switch maybe I'll wait until that settles down. I'm way back in
> the svn 15800s so either way there's probably a bit of effort to bring

 Hey George,

I was wondering how your work on this is going?

I'm looking at using storage groups to stream content from a
DVD changer on a backend to be playable on the frontends and
it kinda fits in with what you are doing.

Obviously some of the content will be burned video files on DVDs
and some content with be actual DVD's. And since  everything
on the DVD changer will be basically removable/offline content
I'll need to look at a videooffline or some such table, and the backend would
switch to the appropriate disc as needed, but before
I got too deep into it I was hopeing to see some of what you have working.