[mythtv] Is programId used for anything specific ?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Mar 27 18:03:21 UTC 2008

John Pullan wrote:
> Is programid used for anything specific from within the code base? I'm
> thinking we could use this in conjunction with the type (mythweb) to
> provide a "record all the series" option.
>
> Of course if you know how this works then let me know or I'll attempt
> to write a patch myself.

The intention behind the programid & seriesid is to do just that.
The information is being broadcast in the UK now, and is intended
to allow PVR STBs to implement "record this series".

However, as others have mentioned, it's also used in the dup matching
process, so a generic "record all showings of this program" tends to
do the trick anyway.

Where you lose slightly is that older recording information didn't
have programid or seriesid broadcast (the EIT data anyway) so you'll
end up recording stuff you've recorded before (not a huge problem)

Stuart A