[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r16790 - in trunk by janne

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Mar 25 20:23:59 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 20:48:39 mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: janne
>         Date: 2008-03-25 19:48:37 +0000 (Tue, 25 Mar 2008)
> New Revision: 16790
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16790
>
> Log:
>
> merges qt4 branches back to trunk

The qt4 branches are merged to trunk. Any further porting to qt4 will
happen in trunk.

The minimal known working qt version is Qt 4.3. Qt 4.2 wasn't test up to
now. If the current trunk compiles with Qt 4.2 we might try not to
break it but all developers seem to use Qt 4.3. If you want Qt 4.2
supported take this as hint to try building trunk against it and report
success or patches if the changes are small.

MythTV trunk is probably less stable than usual. There are some know
issues at the moment:

Stuart Morgan and I saw a deadlock with two simultaneously started
recordings on one physical dvb card. So you might lose recordings. I
wasn't able to reproduce it in a debugging enviroment.

We are know using utf8 as database string encoding. Changes to the qt4
mysql driver made it necessary. The database interface got some other
major changes in qt4. The symbolic placeholders aren't emulated anymore
but are directly translated to positional bindings. This breaks
multiple usage of one placeholder in a query. I've added a check for it
to MSqlQuery::prepare() which exists if it sees such a query. I hope we
eliminated all such queries. If you encouter such query report it so we
can fix it immidiately.
Another related change is that the db interface doesn't like to bind
unused values. We ignore them and print a warning. Please report those
errors too.

mythfrontend -p segfaults

The Qt4 port should continue with gradually eliminating the usage of qt3
support classes and methods. The old ui code should have very low
priority since it will become more and more obsolete as the mythui port
continues.

Janne