[mythtv] Conversion to libmythui: Info please

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 10:19:50 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 01:09:20 Bill wrote:
> For example, in libmythui, I see MythUIImage and MythImage and also the
> code in libmyth, uitypes.cpp, UIImageType, these seem to parse the same
> image container from the ui XML files.  I assume that MythUIImage is to
> replace UIImageType.  Am I off track?  I see that the main menus use
> MythUIImage and MythImage, but for example mythvideo videogallery.cpp uses
> UIImageType and therefore I assume is yet to be ported.

Mythui is anything in libmythui, all ui code in libmyth or libmythtv is old
and will eventually be removed.

So far only a handful of plugins and a single mythtv screen have been ported.
MythFlix, MythControls, MythGallery (partial) and Screen Appearance Settings.

MythUIImage is a widget for the display of images. MythImage is a wrapper for
QImage, the image data itself. MythUIImage displays MythImages. MythUIImage
replaces UIImage.

There are not direct replacements for all widgets in libmyth and  with mythui
a single widget is more versatile, it can replace two, three or more widgets
from libmyth. This is to give themers a lot of choice over how they implement
a particular screen.

> My first project is to add code to provide an option to mirror images to
> provide for more "eye candy". The code from the Qt examples is not too
> complex and looks feasible.

This was on my list as well, but it's a pretty big list so I'd welcome the
help.

--
Stuart Morgan