[mythtv] New Theme - Metallurgy

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sun Mar 23 18:20:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 23:49 +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> I've released a preview/beta of my new 16:9 theme. It requires an up to date
> copy of SVN and includes the first hi-res OSD theme for mythtv.
>
> It's should be considered unfinished and in particular there are a number of
> missing or repeat icons in the menus which will be fixed in the final
> version. The MythMovies, MythZoneminder and MythArchive plugins are not
> themed, the latter because it's so huge (bigger than the mythfrontend theme).
>
> It includes support for the recently added MythMusic mini-player.
>
> http://miffteevee.co.uk/themes/metallurgy.html
>
> Since the theme is unfinished, I'd appreciate it if this announcement ISN'T
> posted on mythtv-users or outside this mailing list in a big way.
>
> If you think you've seen a bug or problem then please let me know, remembering
> what I said above about missing images and unthemed plugins.
>
> N.B. Some people may have tried/tested earlier alpha state versions that I
> announced on IRC, if you are using one of these, I recommend that you
> upgrade.

just installed it on the frontend in my bedroom.
pretty good.
doesn't have the problem that i have with a lot of themes (squished OSD
text in 16:9 mode), so that is a plus from my perspective.

could i suggest that the "colour packs" be relative to the theme "top".
poor wording, i know. to install you have to unpack the main tar file
and then the colour pack; then move it on top of the original, as the
top level directory is red/ or purple/ rather than metallurgy/

i know this is a real nit-pick

it is one of the few themes that i have seen that has no (or none to my
eyes so far) alignment errors.

keep up the good work
--
simon