[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Mar 18 01:49:38 UTC 2008

> Hi, just reviving this thread I started a while ago about my effort to
> switch mythvideo to use storage groups. I'm mostly sending an update
> for Anduin but in case anyone else cares...

Thank you.

> I figured I'd post a patch towards the end of this month but with the
> QT4 switch maybe I'll wait until that settles down. I'm way back in
> the svn 15800s so either way there's probably a bit of effort to bring
> the code up to head.

So far the Qt 4 changes for MythVideo are very minor, I wouldn't expect much
trouble there (the few remaining issues should be fixed tonight).

> Anyway, the other thing I wanted to cover is if it might be worthwhile
> to handle removable media through some sort of dedicated storage group
> and scan them the same as everything else. I don't really use those
> devices so I'm not sure about the pros and cons.

I don't see why they should be a SG, if you mean the MythMediaMonitor stuff
(though if you've done it the way this thread went, it should appear the
same as if it were a SG).

--
Anduin Withers