[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Jay Modi jmodi at vt.edu
Tue Mar 18 00:54:48 UTC 2008

> Do you actually *need* msys support, though? I mean, Qt has supported
> Windows since version 3.3.something (I think) - the ticket you reference
> is only for making Qt play nice with msys (which basically allows you to
> use GNU automake/autoconf and stuff like that on Windows, which Myth
> doesn't use anyway, does it?)

AFAIK, automake/autoconf is not used. There really does not seem to a be a
great description of what that ticket means by "adding support for
MinGW/MSYS platform". I know QT can be used on Windows with MSVC, but
currently MythTV needs MinGW/MSYS and by the wording in the changelog, I
think one would want full support for this platform.

I am copying Andrei Tanas and David Buzz on this email to make sure this is
brought to their attention as they have done a good portion of the Win32
work and may know more about this issue.