[mythtv] issues with 16491?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:47:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > Not sure what an EUID is
>
> Effective User ID. Basically,
> a number that represents your username.
>
> Every shell that I tried has it set,
> so I am mystified about this failure, Matt.
>

> > , but this is what comes back when I run this as root:
> >
> > echo $EUID
> > 0
>
> Do you normally "make install" as root?
>
> If not (e.g. you use a script to build),
> try the same in your build environment.

Yes, truth be told I do ./configure, make, and make install as root
(sudo in ubuntu).

Again - I'm simply running a fairly vanilla install of Ubuntu 7.10
Gusty Gibbon Server.  Not really doing much special.   Happy to
provide any feedback I can, just need a little hand holding for you to
tell me what you need.  Perhaps I should submit an actual bug report?

Thanks!
Matt S.