[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] MythUI Port

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Mar 16 21:37:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 13:26 -0700, Erik Hovland wrote:
> I know that the next release will be ready when it is ready. But what do
> the principle developers foresee the next cycle will be like? For
> example, will there be one or several 0.21.x releases before 0.22 comes
> out? Or will the MythUI and Qt4 changes be the only big changes and a
> 0.22 release will come at a quicker pace?
>
> I ask because I am only really concerned with defects. I will continue
> to analyze for defects in trunk. But would it make more sense to target
> release-0.21-fixes for most defects? It would if an 0.22 release is not
> planned for several months to a few years.
>
> Any light that can be shed on this plan would be most appreciated on my
> part.

It will be several months before a 0.22 release, but whether we do a
0.21.1 release really depends on the severity of any bugs found. We
will backport serious bugfixes to the 0.21 release branch, but we tend
to be gun shy with backporting fixes that haven't been sitting in the
trunk for at least a few weeks first. The packagers usually pick up
fixes in the current stable branch without much additional testing,
so if a piece of code goes into fixes it we need to be fairly sure
that it doesn't introduce any new bugs.

Anyway, I think you should target the trunk for bug fixes.

-- Daniel