[mythtv] mythtv-dev Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10

kjpioo2006 at 126.com kjpioo2006 at 126.com
Sat Mar 15 02:41:39 UTC 2008

?
Message: 6
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:31:58 -0400
From: hendrixski <hendrixski at storsint.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv] can mythtv be used in qtopia?
To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>

kjpioo2006 wrote:
> does anyone successed in porting mythtv mythtv/video to embedded qtopia?
> any answer will be greatly appreciated,thanks!

I've wondered that myself, and not found any good links on google about
it. I've dabbled a little bit in getting Myth to run in smaller
platforms, like in a JeOS, or just a bare system with just X11 and no
window manager. With varying levels of success and failure. But if you
could totally bypass all the bloat of x11 and have qtopia handle the
framebuffer it would be pretty sweet.

If anybody has ANY information, I'm with kjpioo on this one, I want to
hear more!

--
 - Hendrixski

?
 hello ,Hendrixski,
   thank you for your answer.originally ,i want to compile the qtopia-free-2.2.0 and its mediaplayer,and porting the qtopia (to ARM9 PDA) with its mediaplayer will be much easier. but when i run the mediaplayer on my qvfb(qtopia vitrual frame buffer  on x86 pc ),there always comes a message,and i've spend long time to googled it, and not yet solve the problem.so i searched the mythtv.

   i am new to qtopia ,so i think it is better to keep on with qtopia's mediaplayer, to study it deeper.not to change to mythtv right now.
   and mythtv is wonderful .
   i've seen the other Re messages ,and i am glad to hear all of your answers ,thanks!