[mythtv] Implications of the new youtube API

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Fri Mar 14 17:41:34 UTC 2008

> If you want to download single files for later perusal, use wget and
> MythVideo.  Or setup the URL using the IPTV recorder so it would be
> downloaded. (Note, I haven't tested that, but based on what people are
> saying it sounds like it would work).

LOL, we must have posted at the same time.  But yeah, to re-post the
point, we've seen someone else try it that way before and it didn't work
out very well.  I used it once or twice and it was downright horrible
(and I'm not just talking the sudo wget code, I mean the experience of
sitting there waiting for the damn video to download).

Trey is correct, it would be nice to just have this download overnight
so that you get home from work and the videos are already there waiting
for you rather than go through all this rubbish downloading them
individually.