[mythtv] MythArchive contribution

Shawn C. Powell shawncp at kcnet.com
Fri Mar 14 02:04:51 UTC 2008

Hello Paul,

I am writing you because you seem to be the maintainer of the MythArchive
plugin. (? :)  I hope you don't mind me writing out of the blue.

I wrote a utility script for my own use and thought there might be interest in
adding it to the MythArchive plugin.  The script assists with the situation
where I wanted to natively archive some programs to DVD, verify that the
native archive is good, create links in MythTV storage to the removable
media, and finally, remove the original versions from on-disk storage.  To
watch sutch programs later, I just have to mount the DVD at the backend.

Please find the script attached.

I have never contributed to an open-source project before and am somewhat new
to python, and definitely new to the MythTV project so there could be any
number of wrong trees that I've barked up. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Shawn C. Powell