[mythtv] Shoutcast patch ; updated for svn 16380.

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Wed Mar 12 08:39:24 UTC 2008

Zdzislaw Gorlicki wrote:

>> I tried the patch 2-3 weeks ago but back then I got several segfaults.
>> I'd like to give it now another go. Updated patch would be greatly
>> appreciated :)
>>
> I tried to send a manually corrected patch, but I guess it was too big
> for the mailing list. To resolve the failed hunk make the
> mythobservable.cpp portion of the patch look like this:

Thanks for the patch. I ended up manually patching files to get
everythink working. Here are my findings so far (with Metallurgy theme):

- In general it seems to work fairly well
- I got one or two segfaults, but much much less than 2-3 weeks ago
- Patch requires "Show entire music tree" option to be on, this is
problem IMHO
- Arrow in MythMusic entire music tree indicating currently selected
item is not moving in up-down direction. This might be general Myth
and/or Metallurgy issue
- With shoutcast streams, visualizations are not always working
- Sometimes "playlist cannot be received" or similar error is shown,
this could be a network error

I still think this would be great new feature to MythMusic and about now
would be very good time to get this in..
--
   Otto