[mythtv] Possible argument issue in GetCurrentChannelNum()

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Tue Mar 11 16:55:14 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

I have just been upgraded to 0.21 by the atrpms repository. So far the
upgrade has been quite bumpy, but I have come across what was for a
while a showstopper. The capture card in charge of my Sky Box would no
longer record anything. The issue seemed to be that it couldn't tune to
the initial channel:

Channel(/dev/video0) Error: GetCurrentChannelNum(106): Failed to find
   Channel
Channel(/dev/video0)::TuneTo(106): Error, failed to find channel.

I suspect there might be a bit of a confusion in
  Channel::GetCurrentChannelNum()

On closer inspection of the source code around this error message I am
wondering if there is a confusion around channel number and channel name.

It is declared with a QString argument called "name"
The "name" argument is compared with curList[i].name

However, it is called from Channel::TuneTo with a QString called
"channum" which appeared to be derived from the channel number.

I eventually got round it by firing up mythtv-setup on the machine
hosting the card for the Sky box. Running down to "Input Connections".
Selecting the connection relevant to the Sky box and blanking out the
box "Preset tuner to channel". Once the backend was restarted, the
problem went away.

I hope this proves useful.

Andy M

PS I you reply, please Cc: me direct as I don't read this list
    very often.

          Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIET
                          Director
                    http://www.anvil.org
                 The Anvil Organisation Ltd.
          andrew at anvil.org      +44 (0) 1249 460560
     Open Source Systems Mentoring for Small Businesses