[mythtv] Best way to submit code?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sat Mar 8 11:55:22 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 03:54:19 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have merged the latest ffmpeg rev #12357 with mythtv.

You should have had asked before doing that. I merge ffmpeg
approximately once biweekly.

> I have paid attention not to break any fixes added on the ffmpeg
> source code. The only one I am unsure about is the ticket 1104, the
> patch by Mark Spieth to improve 6 channels audio , in
> libs/libavcodec/liba52.c http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1104
>
> I can not verify that it all works.

liba52 support will be removed from ffmpeg soon. It is not compiled in
the default build. That said I can't remember any particular merge
issue with the code.

> What is the best way to submit those changes/patches ?

Please send them to me. It's nice to have a second merge to verify
against.

> Those changes fix the issues I've had with IPTV introduced with SVN
> revision 14800 when ffmpeg #10939 was merged with mythtv...

Is there a ticket about this? Can you describe the error in detail? Do
you know which ffmpeg changeset fixed your problem? Or was it a merge
error in [14800]?

Janne