[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

Ben Lings ben.lings+nabble at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:30:13 UTC 2008

Paul Raison wrote:

> Ben Lings wrote:
>> What DVB-S cards are you using?  I'm planning on buying a satellite card
>> when
>> Freesat is officially launched, but can't find one that has linux
>> drivers.
> I'm using a Hauppage Nova-S Plus under Ubuntu and it is supported just
> fine. Have been using it for 18 months now with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestion - the only possible problem I have is how tall the
card is.  My system is an Asus P1-AH2, and I only just (with a fair amount
of force) got my DVB-T card into one of the slots (it's one of these
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=220
).  The other PCI slot had slightly less room and it wouldn't fit at all.
Looking at pictures of the Nova-S, the top of the card sticks out above the
bracket, so it might cause problems.  I'd prefer not to have to get the
sandpaper out on a PCI card!