[mythtv] Fwd: SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100 (UPDATE!, With source code)

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:15:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Simon Allcorn <simon.allcorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting,
>
> I've only had a quick poke about but they appear to be genuine source
> tarballs. I've look at the busybox source and it's not a vanilla 1.7.2  tar
> (the  md5 doesn't match) and sure enough it's 1.7.2 based, but with sage
> modifications !. They also appear to have done something else quite useful
> :)
>
> well done Mitchell
>
> Simon
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been emailing SageTV about thier HD extender to get the source code
> since mid December.  I figured I would never get a response but after 5
> emails reminding them Sage has delivered!
> >

> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/Pullreader.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/freetype-2.3.5.tar.bz2
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/linux-2.4.26-em86xx-test.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/busybox-1.7.2.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/tremor.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/ffmpeg.tar.gz
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/libpng-1.2.20.tar.bz2
> >
> > http://download.sage.tv/pubcode/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz
> > I am not really sure what I have here but I think things look good to run
> a full MythFE on this.  If this is possible it would be the ultimate
> addition to MythTV, low power, silent, small form factor (well second to
> Hauppauge Component capture card).
> >
> > Would anyone with the skill to reverse engineer this box be willing to
> step up and own this project?  I am sure it would take much to get the
> community to purchase a box for you!
> >
> > Let the discussion begin!
> >
> > Mitchell

The ffmpeg modifications also look very interesting. There seem to be
changes made to support the Sigma Designs EM8623L chip that provides
hardware video processing. Also based on the name of the kernel src
tar it seems it would have have the necessary modules to support the
chip.

Also here are more details on the hardware specs:
http://www.shspvr.com/reviews/sagetv_hd_extender/sagetv_hd_extender.html

And the decoder chip being used:
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/public/Products/EM8620L/EM8620L_series.html