[mythtv] Adding support for R5000 STB

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Mar 5 16:49:54 UTC 2008

On 02/21/2008 10:02 PM, Alan Nisota wrote:
> Note that my work so far is only for Dish Network.  I'm not sure whether
> the R5000 works for DirecTV HD, and I know that DirectTV SD usess DSS
> rather than DVB (I have some code I worked on over a year ago to convert
> DSS to DVB but I never got it all that reliable so it would need some
> work, and I don't have access to a DirecTV enabled R5000 box to play with.

I saw your patch updates for DirecTV and wanted to let you know that I
should have a R5000 modified DirecTV receiver soon.  Also wanted to let
anyone know before they get too excited the R5000 folks have already
looked into the DirecTV MPEG4 receivers and said they cannot be
supported.  I am hoping that maybe someday there will be a DirecTV MPEG4
receiver that can be supported, but it is a small hope.  Just in case
you are wondering all the new HD channels that DirecTV has enabled the
last few months are MPEG4 only.  There are a few MPEG2 HD channels, like
ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX from NYC and LA, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and a couple of other
older HD channels.

--
David