[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:36:03 UTC 2008

On 2/29/08, Mårten Bohlin <mabo at mochc.net> wrote:
> Time for a new version of the patch.
>
> The major change I have done is that I check if the top and bottom
> bars has a solid color instead of just a treshold. This was intended
> to solve Aarons problem with Stargate Atlantis. But it turned out that
> it worked could switch to the right mode much quicker in many of my
> test cases. Because now it could se the diferens between black and
> black.

This version works quite well. Thanks for this feature :)   I had
actually been thinking about it mere days before you originally posted
it.

It still has some interesting behaviours on some shows, but I
definitely find it good enough.

And it is able to correctly zoom on the Stargate Atlantis recording
that it had problems with before.

If I ever get some free time I'd still like to try to see if I can
hook it into the letterbox detection from the commflagger, but it's
definitely going to be a while before I can get to it...

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent