[mythtv] Memory leak compiling svn source code?

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 00:41:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

    I'm trying to compile the latest svn source of
mythtv on a gentoo 64 machine (gcc 4.1.2) and I came
across a few problems.  I've been following up on the
recent changes, and thought I'd report this.

    Trying to compile rev. 16319 led to compile
errors:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:64544: Warning: end of file not at
end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:65124: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.'
g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.

    Compiling either rev. 16330 or rev. 16338 froze my
system without any error messages.  I left the system
alone to compile, and returning after an hour, I saw
the usual compile code, but the system was
unresponsive, and I couldn't even bring up 'top' to
check memory usage.

If I can be of more help, please let me know.

Sam