[mythtv] EIT on a custom service

Neil Garratt ngarratt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:44:48 UTC 2008

Hi Janne

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 June 2008 16:34:28 Neil Garratt wrote:
>>
>> Adding a hard-coded PID and filtering on the Network ID works fine.
>> They do provide SI tables for this service, however, and it makes
>> more sense to use this rather than a hard-coded PID. What's the best
>> way of getting the current PID? Parse the cached PAT/PMT tables?
>
> Full DVB standard EIT should be on PID 0x12. If they use a different PID
> for EIT we need to hardcode it since there is to my knownledge no way
> to announce EIT PIDs.

As I mentioned, they provide SI tables for this. There is a service
called EITs on one of the least-used transponders. The PMT for this
service then contains the current PID for the full EIT schedule. It's
non-standard, but they're moving to control the whole viewing platform
(including smartcard bi-marriage).

>> I see SDT isn't used much outside the scanner, but this would be
>> preferred (in case someone removes this service from their channel
>> list).
>
> The SDT (network id, transport id, service id) is used for full DVB
> tuning.

Ideally I would need to use SDT+PAT+PMT (I'm not sure if they will be
changing service ID's in the future).

Neil