[mythtv] PulseAudio output [was jack layer rewrite?]

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 26 23:43:43 UTC 2008

I've been considering using PulseAudio to send sound from my newly
installed kitchen frontend (PPC mac mini with crappy internal speakers)
to my main frontend + sound system in the lounge to get decent quality
sound throughout the house whilst still being able to watch the picture
whilst cooking. Possibly even add some sort of option to the OSD menu
'send sound to frontend', etc.

Never having used PulseAudio before this discussion makes me think that
this is possible, no idea how well the A/V sync would work out though.

Cheers,
-Kent