[mythtv] PulseAudio output [was jack layer rewrite?]

cal cal at graggrag.com
Thu Jun 26 15:04:44 UTC 2008

Ashley Bostock wrote:
> Just out of pure curiosity, what does pulseaudio support in myth
> provide? any nice benefits to the user?

Tough question. I think the main benefit of pulse support in myth
lies where you're already using/prefer pulseaudio, eg, your distro
uses it as the default sound server, or perhaps just weird personal
preference for the features it presents as a sound server. I can't
think of any compelling reasons to go to the trouble of installing
pulseaudio on a straight, simple myth system though.

cheers, Cal