[mythtv] Mythweb: adding editable description field

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 10 16:03:14 UTC 2008

From: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larson
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:53 AM
To: Development of mythtv
Subject: [mythtv] Mythweb: adding editable description field

Hi folks,

I'd like to be able to add a meaningful description to manual recordings and edit descriptions of previously recorded shows via the "details" page.

I've gotten as far as cut/paste/modifying a couple snippets of code to the schedules_manual.php files:

mythweb/modules/tv/schedules_manual.php:
Line 107:              // Finally the Description
            if (strcasecmp($_POST['description'], t('')) == 0)
                $schedule->description = 'Manually scheduled';
            else
                              $schedule->description = $_POST['description'];
        // Save the schedule
            $schedule->save($type);
        // Redirect to the new schedule
            header('Location: '.root.'tv/schedules/manual/'.$schedule->recordid);
            exit;

mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/schedules_manual.php:
Line 93:                <dt><?php echo t('Description') ?>:&nbsp;</dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="description" value="<?php echo $schedule->description ?>" size="30"></dd>

This gets me an editable description field in the Manual recordings page, but I must be doing something wrong because whatever I enter there doesn't get saved with the scheduled event.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing, and perhaps give me a clue on how I could do something similar on the "detail" page  for existing recordings?

TIA,

Jon

Update--I think that my problems with the above might be part of a larger bug in the manual schedule page. I've tested 0.20.1 and .21 versions and I've found that no matter what is entered into the "Subtitle" field, the actual recording always overrides that entry with a timestamp. So if I enter "test subtitle" on the manual recording page and click save, my recording still gets a subtitle like "Mon Jun 9 13:43:00 2008"

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Jon