[mythtv] Mythweb: adding editable description field

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:53:08 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I'd like to be able to add a meaningful description to manual recordings and edit descriptions of previously recorded shows via the "details" page.

I've gotten as far as cut/paste/modifying a couple snippets of code to the schedules_manual.php files:

mythweb/modules/tv/schedules_manual.php:
Line 107:              // Finally the Description
            if (strcasecmp($_POST['description'], t('')) == 0)
                $schedule->description = 'Manually scheduled';
            else
                              $schedule->description = $_POST['description'];
        // Save the schedule
            $schedule->save($type);
        // Redirect to the new schedule
            header('Location: '.root.'tv/schedules/manual/'.$schedule->recordid);
            exit;

mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/schedules_manual.php:
Line 93:                <dt><?php echo t('Description') ?>:&nbsp;</dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="description" value="<?php echo $schedule->description ?>" size="30"></dd>

This gets me an editable description field in the Manual recordings page, but I must be doing something wrong because whatever I enter there doesn't get saved with the scheduled event.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing, and perhaps give me a clue on how I could do something similar on the "detail" page  for existing recordings?

TIA,

Jon