[mythtv] [Q]: how to hook a proprietary eit parser correctly

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 3 01:57:10 UTC 2008

	Hi all,
a fast summary: I know how to decode a proprietary EPG for my Sat
provider (canal sat Caraibes, probably works for canal sat france
though I have no way to confirm this).
I would like to code a good parser for mythtv. I already read the code
quite a bit and here are the big questions I would like to get an
answer for to be sure I am properly following the way it has to be
coded.
First the EPG is sent on several PIDs (2 or 3 IIRC); then several
tables are needed (they have different table ids), some of which are
just given in one section, some are split between several section.
They do not follow the mpeg descriptors standards; eg the schedule
(that is title+some fields with duration, showings...) is setup this
way: length of the title+title+several bytes holding info on duration/
show times, then next schedule using the same format. So there is no
tag descriptor as in MPEG standard.
So my question: what should I do? From which classes should I derive
mines. For the short tables (only on section) isn't it easier to just
have a class for the table?
Moreover hiw everything is in place? Which class is responsible for
choosing the different PIDs and gathering the tables?
In brief any help will be much appreciated!
Thx
Bye
Manu