[mythtv] Random Episode?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:49:21 UTC 2008

On 7/29/08, Jon Bishop <jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com> wrote:
> Background:
> So, I have a ton of robot chicken on my myth box, and I don't care to
> scroll through them trying to decide which to watch. What I would like
> is an option to highlight a group of recordings (i.e. All Programs, or
> a Group, Category, Title, etc...) and show a random episode or show
> out that group.
>
> I've programmed in Visual Basic and in Perl. I've also started through
> a book on Objective-C and Cocoa programming. If someone can point me
> to about where in the code I should be looking, I think this is a
> project I can undertake.
>
> I'm not familiar at all with the code yet, but I was thinking the best
> place to add this would be in the Recording List Menu. Thoughts?
> Suggestions?

Actually, this feature already exists, I believe... If you bring up
the (M)enu while the Robot Chicken group is selected, there should be
an option, "Add to Playlist." Then, you can press (M)enu and go to
"Playlist Options" and then select "Shuffle Play." I use this on
occasion when I feel like watching random Office episodes.

I may have the wording on the menus wrong, but hopefully it should be
clear what the right options are.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent