[mythtv] Resurrecting MythBrowser after the switch to Qt4

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 13:39:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> I'm going to start looking at resurrecting MythBrowser and now that
> WebKit is part of Qt4.4 thats the approach I was going to take.
>
> Would there be any objections to making Qt4.4 the minimum version
> required for trunk?
>
> If there is no problem with that then I'd create a generic mythuitype
> based on QWebPage that can be used on any  screen. That would be the
> most useful in the long run but requires the most work and would require
> Qt4.4 as the minimum.
>
> The other alternative would be to just require Qt 4.4 for the
> MythBrowser plugin and use QWebView. That would be by far the easiest
> approach but would be the least flexible.
>
> Thoughts?

If there is any possibility that the QWebPage supports the flash plugin, I'm
all for it.  Hulu (for one) works fairly well with Firefox and the plugin
and if we could generate a control that could display the embedded Hulu
player, that would be a major bonus for Myth, I think.  Since Hulu publishes
your shows as an RSS queue like Netflix, I see the integrate being very easy
(assuming the Flash support is there)

Kevin