[mythtv] dvb ca/ci question

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Jul 16 16:41:23 UTC 2008

Anyone familiar with the code in libs/libmythtv/dvbdev/ ?

Yesterday I replaced my viasat redcam with a conax cam because I suspect the
redcam is the cause of my problems with zero length recordings (had another
user with simiar problem and it was fixed by swapping cam)

After running my 0.21-fixes backend for almost a day with the new cam I'm
starting to get this in the log from the backend:

2008-07-16 11:11:46.738 ERROR: can't create session for resource identifier:
00400041
2008-07-16 11:11:46.743 ERROR: unknown resource identifier: 00400041

That seems to be coming from cLlCiHandler::OpenSession in dvbci.cpp
But I have no idea why it's not able to create a session or how this cam
stuff works.

And by the way, isn't there a missing break; in there just before the
default: line?

The backend is recording stuff so it can't be that bad, is this just
something to ignore or can it cause problems later on?
Any hints on how to find the cause of this?