[mythtv] podcast question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 8 18:54:58 UTC 2008

On 07/08/2008 02:43 PM, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> Look at the appletrailer script which was mentioned on the users-list,
> even though it doesn't follow the agreement on the trailer site, it does
> add the trailers to the MythVideo without you having to scan manually.

Actually, it's only the trailer.pl script that was in MythVideo that
(has been proven to) violates the Apple ToS.  As soon as Anduin found
out that trailer.pl existed and violated the ToS, he removed it from
MythVideo in [17697].

I've never seen a ToS relating to the Apple XML feeds for trailers, so
the Apple trailer script you mentioned (that was discussed in the thread
at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/339240#339240 )
may actually be copacetic.

Just didn't want my offshoot on that thread to cause the script posted
there to be unfairly labeled a violator.  If anyone has proof that it's
not--such as ToS for the feed--providing that proof may actually help it
or some variant to be incorporated into MythVideo.

Mike