[mythtv] compile problem, MythContextPrivate::LoadSettingsFile()

cal cal at graggrag.com
Fri Jul 4 20:29:39 UTC 2008

Given the absence of other sufferers, I'm probably dealing with a local
system quirk here (in which case I'll figure it out eventually), but if
anyone can spot an issue, well here goes ...

For a little while now I've been getting the following compile error on
trunk -

{{{
mythcontext.cpp: In member function ‘bool MythContextPrivate::LoadSettingsFile()’:
mythcontext.cpp:520: error: no matching function for call to ‘Settings::LoadSettingsFiles(const char [10], QString, QString)’
oldsettings.h:47: note: candidates are: bool Settings::LoadSettingsFiles(QString, QString)
}}}

The same result occurs with gcc 4.2 or 4.3 (debian testing), so it doesn't
seem to be a compiler version quirk, or a qt version one either.

$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.3.1-2) 4.3.1

$ uname -a
Linux stkildaeast 2.6.25.10 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 3 20:59:44 EST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Cheers, Cal