[mythtv] mythbackend and mythlcdserver broken at the moment?

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue Jul 1 19:51:42 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 2:36:51 pm Paul Harrison wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure we've not had actual hostname lookups in there for a very
> > long time..  There may have been some special-casing for localhost, but
> > I'm not seeing it anywhere.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> No I couldn't see anything either but something must have changed
> because lcddevice.cpp has *always* used 'localhost' it's hard coded that
> way unless you manually edit the DB. The only thing I can think of is
> the old QSocketDevice::connect() defaulted to use 127.0.0.1 if the
> QHostAddress passed in was invalid but the new MSocketDevice::connect()
> doesn't but that's just a guess. Like I said I'm using Qt4.3.3 where did
> you rip MSocketDevice from?

It's QSocketDevice from 4.4.0 with minor changes to compile without
qt3support..  There are only minor differences (the Q_BEGIN_NAMESPACE/etc)
defines 4.3.5->4.4.0 in this code, too.

> There is of cause some easy fixes for this - change the default in
> lcddevice.cpp to use 127.0.0.1 or a more generic fix would be to add a
> special case in MythSocket::connect(const QString &host, Q_UINT16 port)
> to check host for 'localhost' or maybe do a QHostInfo::fromName () if
> the QHostAddress::setAddress() fails?

I'm planning on just adding a localhost workaround to MythSocket::connect.
Or, maybe the hostname lookup stuff isn't broken in qt4 like the qt3 version
was..

Isaac