[mythtv] Mythtv & Lirc

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Jan 31 13:25:13 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:
> Doesn't it already work that way? I haven't tested it, but I seem to
> recall that when I setup a new box recently, there were default "key"
> bindings with values like "Volume Down", "Volume Up", and "Volume
> Mute". Aren't those mapped to lirc, or are they some special case
> handlining done internally by myth?

volume up/down/mute are the exception rather than the rule
try using myth for a while with a remote and you will pretty soon find
how difficult it is.
not that is not getting easier. the multirec merge made it a whole lot
easier to switch tuners/inputs

but there are a whole lot of keys which are only defined for one usage.
for a button challenged remote, this can get quite difficult.

not that this proposal solves this problem. i realise that. but it does
make the process of finding a mapping just that little bit easier.

anyway, you can all tell me i'm talking rubbish; but that is my opinion.
--
simon