[mythtv] DVD playback - average length of a VOBU? (related to ticket #4492)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jan 30 15:06:36 UTC 2008

> In order to convert between these N second jumps and a speed ratio, you
> need to also add a 'jump frequency' to the equation.

Yes, that was something I was going to try to figure out, but I
suppose I might as well just ask and save myself the trouble?

How often does the seeking happen, and how exactly does fast playback
work?  Does it just speed through a VOBU as fast as it can and then
jump a distance ahead? Does it start playing a VOBU at an accelerated
rate and then seek to a new VOBU when a timer is triggered at fixed
intervals?

--
Ron