[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed Jan 30 09:29:49 UTC 2008

Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> > when the new channel+1 stations were introduced
> > in the UK myth started getting very confused and recording both programs
> > with the only way to prevent this was to set "one per day" which then
> > caused other scheduling issues. The is a solution, you use the great
> > series/program id stuff, but this is only in the dev version.
>
>  I've been using the +1 stations since they came out and haven't seen
>  this problem. Reporting it at the time would have helped.

I see this too.

It happens when you have a program longer than 1 hour which you've
scheduled to record on all channels, and exclude duplicates.

To take a concrete example, lets say a 2 Hr Movie starts at 9pm on
Channel4 and is repeated on Channel4+1 starting from 10pm.  Myth
schedules the Movie at 9pm on Channel4.  When it looks at Channel4+1
at 10pm it sees a movie it is supposed to record but it doesn't see a
duplicate for some reason (because I guess the showing on Channel4
hasn't finished yet) so it sets that one to record too.

Programs that are 1hr or shorter seem to work fine.