[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Will Tatam will at netmindz.net
Mon Jan 28 20:28:54 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> [...]

Nobody has answered this question

> What new version? Did someone release 0.21 while I wasn't looking?

Note the word version, NOT release

> In other words, if you don't feel like doing the research to figure out
> how things work, wait 'til the release so you can use all the help
> (docs, HOWTO's, user list, ...) that will be available then.
>
> Not to mention, you never know what might change before the release.

Given that there has been talk of a new release in the spring, you would
not expect too many substantial changes between now and then

>>> You can't please everyone.
>
> Yep.  And, IMHO, we shouldn't try to please people with the -dev
> version.  :)

This is one of my biggest annoyances with Myth, some great work is done,
but the release schedule is WAY too long given that almost nothing is
backported. For example, when the new channel+1 stations were introduced
in the UK myth started getting very confused and recording both programs
with the only way to prevent this was to set "one per day" which then
caused other scheduling issues. The is a solution, you use the great
series/program id stuff, but this is only in the dev version.

It's so sad that the great work done on myth takes so long to see the
light of day for most users. Given the fast moving pace of multimedia
stuff myth should get new features released once every 6 months.

> Mike

Will Tatam