[mythtv] DVB radio stutters on playback

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:14:47 UTC 2008

On 24/01/2008, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> Rather than open a ticket, I feel I may be configuring things wrong so
> heres the problem...
>
> I'm running r15547 trunk on a combined be/fe and a separate fe. I can
> record DVB radio OK (checked with mplayer) but playback on both frontends
> results in stutters.
>
> I wondering if I have to set up a special handler in the playback profiles
> to deal with a horizontal and vertical resolutions of 0 (since there is no
> video - as reported by mplayer) but I can't find anything appropriate from
> the drop down lists. Or do I have to stick to a particular sync method
> (obviously can't sync to video as there isn't any!!)
>
> I get exactly the same symptoms on both Live and recorded radio.
<snip />
> --
> Robin Gilks

I experience the same issues, BBC Radio 1 & 2 works, but the majority
of the rest of the channels stutter quite badly, and that's a polite
way of describing it.

This is on DVB-T (Nova-T's) in the UK on the Winter Hill transmitter
using Mythbuntu & MiniMyth packages based on r15547.

These had all worked perfectly on 0.20.2-fixes.

Let me know if anyone would like a log from myself for comparison.

Steve Daniels