[mythtv] wedged in watch recordings

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jan 24 02:41:28 UTC 2008

On 22-Jan-08, at 8:43 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> It is quite possible that there is a deadlock. The live preview code
> is quite messy. Stanley Kamithy is working on some preview/PiP
> playback
> code in the mythtv-pip branch which will eventually replace this code,
> but if you can find this deadlock so we can kill it before the 0.21
> release, that would be great.

I found the deadlock but my problem is really about a funky avi file.
It's trying to do a live preview on something I downloaded from the
net and imported through myth.rebuilddatabase but the avi decoder is
in an endless loop on a zero length packet. That's odd. I've never
had a problem playing an imported avi, only previewing.

FWIW the NVP playing code is fine. I can see that it has been
signalled to exit (killplayer == true) but never gets to the top of
its loop because several stack frames below GetFrame is this endless
decoder loop.

I checked gossamer for hits on avi and preview and saw a recent post
where you don't want to look at avi preview bugs because myth doesn't
write avi files. That's cool. I'll move all my avi files over to
mythvideo and call it a day.

- George