[mythtv] i did a stupid thing

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Jan 23 15:49:59 UTC 2008

i was setting up a USB attached disk and instead of sdb i wiped sda.
not in any recoverable way (using dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda
b=102400).
oh well. it was my slave server.

so why am i airing my stupidity in public, you may well ask?

because when i try to do anything on my backends, they hang when they
encounter any recordings from the slave server.

so the question is, how do i remove all references to the slave server
so that i can at least limp along until i get the slave server back to
where it was (minus any recordings/music/videos/pictures).

is there an easy way of doing this or do i just have to poke around with
sql?
--
simon