[mythtv] Web streaming video player module

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:06:00 UTC 2008

I am well aware of how much I hate commercials so I can only imagine that
everyone in the Myth world is the same. But your right we would be
prerolling an ad to monetize the effort. All our current web based content
is in FLV format so we may have to do something special. I have no idea if
VLC can deal with streamed FLV files. I had in my mind that we could create
an XML file once a day that is updated with movie files and metadata.

I should note that all our movies are short movies but we have over two
hundred online and we get a fair amount of web traffic. Just in case it is
important.

Cheers.

Brian.