[mythtv] Greedyhdeint in trunk

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:09:09 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just upgraded my tree from 14915 to 15496. I use greedyhdeint for my
> deinterlacer. In 14915 I remember I had to hand patch Myth for greedyhdeint.
> I've noticed that greedyhdeint in 15496 doesn't look nearly as good. In
> fact, often times the picture doesn't look deinterlaced at all. I replaced
> the 15496 version with the one I had added to 14915 and it looks a lot
> better.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?

I can't compare with the previous version, but the version in trunk
ignores progressive frames that are passed to it. It effectively
overrides the auto-deinterlacing code and any manual overrides for
deinterlacing.

I have video sources that flip between interlaced and progressive
frames and manually setting video scan to interlaced does not work for
both greedy and yadif.

The fix is simple and I'll create a ticket this morning.

Mark